I am excited to more formally announce that I have an exhibition scheduled for June/July 2022 at The Barracks Gallery in New Norfolk, run by Derwent Valley Arts. This is a great opportunity to show preliminary outcomes from the Synapse residency. A deadline also always gets me moving creatively. Due to the heritage location, I am not anticipating showing living works, but rather fixed cells as part of sculptural works and other mixed media works and prototypes.
While final creative works will of course be refined in response to laboratory outcomes and collaborator input, these are some preliminary ideas:
- Tumour Babies: A series of six media-media wall panels integrating my DNA and stained and fixed cells grown in glass vessels.
- Revelations: A series of six mixed media dome works incorporating fixed cells seeded into 3D biofabricated scaffold structures.
- More-than-human: A large-scale sonic and LED chandelier integrating 3D printed resin components based on cells, microorganisms, protein and DNA structures
- Visible/Invisible: A series of three UV activated paintings and laser engraved light panels
- Self-portrait #4: Imminent unfoldings: An outdoor sculpture designed to transform in response to the environment.
- Becoming (M)other: Sculptural video installation integrating time-lapse light and fluorescence microscope images of cell growth and transformation.
- Legal Mandalas: A series of laser engraved mandalas incorporating text from relevant legal and governance frameworks related to biomaterials use and patenting in Australia over the past decade.